Schema Therapy for Borderline Personality Disorder and Complex Trauma (Melbourne, 2020)
November 27-28 | 2 day workshop focussing on Schema Therapy for developmental trauma, incorporating Interpersonal Neurobiology, The Polyvagal theory, Somatic Psychotherapy, bottom up and top down approaches and the phases of intervention.
Training Objectives Include:
- A focus on experiential and Emotion Regulation techniques in Schema Therapy to use in session with reference to the three phases of treatment, i.e., Bonding & Regulation, Schema Mode Change & Autonomy.
- Understanding the three phases of treatment (bonding and regulation, mode change and building autonomy)
- Looking at the typical mode conceptualisation for this treatment population
- Using experiential and emotion regulation techniques
- Cognitive, Experiential, Behavioural Pattern Breaking for this clinical population will be discussed in detail, including the importance of Safety & Stabilisation before the use of Schema Mode Change Techniques.
- Understanding Flight, Fight and Freeze responses, bypassing coping modes by building therapeutic presence
- Limited reparenting when working with child modes using connection,co-regulation and self regulation
- Incorporating ideas from Polyvagal theory, (Porges, 2016), Interpersonal Neurobiology (Segal, 2000), Somatic Psychotherapy (Fisher & Ogden, 2015) and Stages of Treatment (Ford & Cortois, 2000) when applying Schema Therapy Techniques.
- This is the second workshop in the certification series for accreditation in Schema Therapy.
23 Queensberry Street, Carlton, VIC 3053 Australia
Price: Workshop is $749 (Early Bird until Sept 30, 2020) and includes catering and workshop materials; $799 thereafter.
Facilitators: Dr Rita Younan and Ruth Holt, Advanced Schema Therapists and Trainers in Individual Schema Therapy.
This two day workshop is the second of three workshops aimed at covering the curriculum for certified training in Individual Schema Therapy offered by the Schema Therapy Institute Australia.
*A working knowledge of Schema Therapy and the Mode Model is recommended