Schema Therapy for Chronic Anxiety & Mood Disorders - An Introductory Workshop in Melbourne
November 22-23 | Schema Therapy for Chronic Mood Disorders with: Dr Rita Younan & Ms Ruth Holt 9am-5pm
There is growing research on the effectiveness of Schema Therapy for chronic depression and some early work on other treatment resistant mood disorder presentations. This two day workshop will cover Schema Therapy formulation and treatment approaches for working with these presentations, including case studies, demonstrations and opportunities to practice skills. Specific topics include;
- Schema Therapy models for Chronic mood disorders like Depression and Anxiety
- Schema Therapy for other Chronic Axis I Disorders like OCD & Eating Disorders
- Dealing with challenging client in session behaviours, like hopelessness
- Experiential techniques to address early adversity and schema development
- Assisting clients to build networks of support through behavioural pattern breaking
- Schema self-therapy to avoid compassion fatigue
- Certification hours include: Didactic Hours 8, Dyadic Hours 4
Facilitators are Dr Rita Younan and Ruth Holt, both Advanced Schema Therapists and Trainers in Individual Schema Therapy; This is the foundational workshop in the certification workshop series.
Ruth and Rita discuss the Vulnerability to Harm Schema a common schema found in Chronic Anxiety Disorders here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsY7KRRHWXs
Special Guest interview with SUSAN SIMPSON (leading expert on Schema Therapy for Eating Disorders) discussing ST for Eating Disorders & The Over-controller Coping Mode which is common in Chronic Anxiety & Mood Disorders.
Workshop Fee is $749 Early Bird until 30th September 2021 ($799 thereafter); Fee includes workshop materials and catering fees.
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note cancellations can be made up to one month prior to the workshop otherwise the cancellation is 50% of the registration fee. All cancellations incur a $50 administration fee.