Masterclass in Schema Therapy for BPD and Complex Trauma (Brisbane)
August 17-18, Brisbane | This two day masterclass focuses on Schema Therapy for developmental trauma, incorporating ideas from Interpersonal Neurobiology, The Polyvagal theory, Somatic Psychotherapy, bottom up and top down approaches and the phases of intervention.
Training Objectives Include:
- A focus on experiential and Emotion Regulation techniques in Schema Therapy to use in session with reference to the three phases of treatment, i.e., Bonding & Regulation, Schema Mode Change & Autonomy.
- Understanding the three phases of treatment (bonding and regulation, mode change and building autonomy)
- Looking at the typical mode conceptualisation for this treatment population
- Using experiential and emotion regulation techniques
- Cognitive, Experiential, Behavioural Pattern Breaking for this clinical population will be discussed in detail, including the importance of Safety & Stabilisation before the use of Schema Mode Change Techniques.
- Understanding Flight, Fight and Freeze responses, bypassing coping modes by building therapeutic presence
- Limited reparenting when working with child modes using connection,co-regulation and self regulation
- Incorporating ideas from Polyvagal theory, (Porges, 2016), Interpersonal Neurobiology (Segal, 2000), Somatic Psychotherapy (Fisher & Ogden, 2015) and Stages of Treatment (Ford & Cortois, 2000) when applying Schema Therapy Techniques.
This is the second workshop in the certification series for accreditation in Schema Therapy through Schema Therapy Institute Australia.
This is an intermediate workshop that follows from Schema Therapy for Chronic Axis 1 Disorders, the introductory workshop and thus a working knowledge of Schema Therapy and the Mode Model is recommended
Price: Workshop is $749 (Early Bird until July 30 2020) and includes catering and workshop materials; $799 thereafter.
Location: The Greek Club, Edmondstone St
South Brisbane, QLD 4101 Australia
Please register via the website to avoid disappointment.