Workshop I: Starting Schema Couples Therapy
12-13 October |Workshop I F2F BRISBANE
Presenter: Ms Ruth Holt, Clinical Psychologist and Advanced Schema Couples therapist. The website seems to say "digital delivery" but this workshop is FACE TO FACE In Brisbane.
Schema Couples Therapy focusses on building connection and repairing relationship ruptures by understanding the mode cycles that fuel distress. We aim to work with partners to heal the unmet needs that drive schema and mode activation.
This workshop focuses on starting with couples from a Schema Therapy perspective, including
- Assessment and formulation with couples
- Building safety with volatile couples
- Understanding mode cycles
- Using SCT techniques such as connection dialogues, chair work and imagery re-scripting
The workshop will be interactive, with input, demonstrations and opportunity to practice skills.
This workshop provides 2 days of the 4 days of training required to become a certified Schema Couples Therapist (additional requirements are outlined here).
Standard Price: $699 (until August 31, 2022)
Last Minute Price: $749
This includes all materials and catering.
Location: Park Regis, North Quay
293 North Quay, Brisbane
What if I haven’t done any Schema Therapy training before?
You are strongly encouraged to complete the introduction to Schema Therapy workshop: Schema Therapy for Chronic Mood and Anxiety Disorders - either live or 'at your own pace'
This workshop assumes
- knowledge of schemas and modes
- how to bypass a coping mode and
- basic Imagery Re-scripting
If you don't have that knowledge the introduction workshops listed will meet that need.
What if I haven’t had much experience with couples?
The training will provide options for those with less couples experience and those with more, aiming to meet your individual learning needs.
Can I use my Gottman Method, Emotion Focused or other couples therapy skills?
Yes, Schema therapy is an integrative therapy that can build on your existing skills.
Please be aware of our cancellation policy
- Understanding the Schema Therapy model as applied to couple presentations
- Assessment techniques and measures
- Schema Therapy conceptualisation of couples issues, linking childhood wounds and current couple conflict
- Understanding and applying imagery re-scripting and mode work to de-escalate conflict and increase connection
- Couples clash cards and schema healing interventions