Schema Therapy for Chronic Mood and Anxiety Disorders: ONLINE CERTIFICATION TRAINING
3 Fridays 9:30-2:30 Melbourne time, starting February 18 | There is growing research on the effectiveness of Schema Therapy for chronic depression and some early work on other treatment resistant mood disorder presentations. This 3 session ONLINE workshop will cover Schema Therapy formulation and treatment approaches for working with these presentations, including case studies, demonstrations and opportunities to practice skills.
Specific topics include;
- Schema Therapy models for Chronic mood disorders like Depression and Anxiety
- Schema Therapy for other Chronic Axis I Disorders like OCD & Eating Disorders
- Dealing with challenging client in session behaviours, like hopelessness
- Experiential techniques to address early adversity and schema development
- Assisting clients to build networks of support through behavioural pattern breaking
- Schema self-therapy to avoid compassion fatigue
Facilitators are Dr Rita Younan and Ruth Holt, both Advanced Schema Therapists and Trainers in Individual Schema Therapy;
Special Guest interview SUSAN SIMPSON (leading expert on Schema Therapy for Eating Disorders) discussing ST for Eating Disorders & The Over-controller Coping Mode which is common in Chronic Axis 1 Disorders.
Training Dates and Details:
Training is offered February and March over a three week period and where there will be in between session tasks to consolidate learning. The dates and times are as follows:
WEEK ONE: Friday Feb 18th 9:30am to 2:30pm
WEEK TWO: Friday Feb 25th 9:30am to 2:30pm
WEEK THREE: Friday March 4th 9:30am to 2:30pm
Certification hours include: Didactic Hours 8, Dyadic Hours 5
Who is eligible to attend:
This training is for therapists who are registered with their professional body, including psychologists, social worker and psychiatrists. Please note that ISST certification has requirements, including minimum study requirements. Please go to the ISST website for further details. You may be asked to provide proof of eligibility upon registration.
For registrations outside of Australia:
The training will occur 9:30am - 2:30pm Australian Daylight Saving Time which includes participant interaction in the dyadic work, so please ensure you are able to attend as per below ISST requirements.
If you register for this training you agree to adhere to the Online Training guidelines stipulated by The International Society for Schema Therapy which includes the following:
- To be monitored when completing dyadic exercises as in live workshops
- You arrive on time and do not leave early (10 minute grace is acceptable)
- You do not engage in other activities that are not related to the training during workshop
- You are willing to make up for lost learning should there be a technological problem
Training is offered via Zoom Platform; the training link and pre-reading materials will be emailed one week prior to the event.
Cost: Early bird rate $529 until January 18 then $599
For more information please email: email@example.com