Schema Therapy for BPD/Complex Trauma: ONLINE CERTIFICATION TRAINING
3 Fridays 9:30am -1:30pm AEDT starting October 8, 2021 | This Schema Therapy training for developmental trauma, incorporates Interpersonal Neurobiology, Polyvagal theory, Somatic Psychotherapy, bottom up and top down approaches and phases of intervention.
The training includes 3 mornings over 3 weeks.
Training Objectives Include:
- A focus on experiential and Emotion Regulation techniques in Schema Therapy to use in session with reference to the three phases of treatment, i.e., Bonding & Regulation, Schema Mode Change & Autonomy.
- Understanding the three phases of treatment (bonding and regulation, mode change and building autonomy)
- Looking at the typical mode conceptualisation for this treatment population
- Using experiential and emotion regulation techniques
- Cognitive, Experiential, Behavioural Pattern Breaking for this clinical population will be discussed in detail, including the importance of Safety & Stabilisation before the use of Schema Mode Change Techniques.
- Understanding Flight, Fight and Freeze responses, bypassing coping modes by building therapeutic presence
- Limited reparenting when working with child modes using connection,co-regulation and self regulation
- Incorporating ideas from Polyvagal theory, (Porges, 2016), Interpersonal Neurobiology (Segal, 2000), Somatic Psychotherapy (Fisher & Ogden, 2015) and Stages of Treatment (Ford & Cortois, 2000) when applying Schema Therapy Techniques.
- This is the second workshop in the certification series for accreditation in Schema Therapy provided by Schema Therapy Institute Australia
*A working knowledge of Schema Therapy and the Mode Model is recommended
Facilitators are Dr Rita Younan and Ruth Holt, both Advanced Schema Therapists and Trainers in Individual Schema Therapy
A Pre-recorded discussion with leading experts Joan Farrell and Ida Shaw, on common obstacles and pitfalls when working with this clinical population will be included.
Training Dates and Details:
Training is offered in October over a three week period and there will be in between session tasks to consolidate learning. The dates and times are as follows:
WEEK ONE: October 8th 9:30am to 1.30pm
WEEK TWO: October 15th 9:30am to 1.30pm
WEEK THREE: October 22nd 9:30am to 1.30pm
Certification hours include: Didactic Hours 9, Dyadic Hours 4
Who is eligible to attend:
This training is for therapists who are registered with their professional body, including psychologists, social worker and psychiatrists. Please note that ISST certification has requirements, including minimum study requirements. Please go to the ISST website for further details. You may be asked to provide proof of eligibility upon registration.
For registrations outside of Australia:
The training will occur 9:30am-1:30pm Australian Eastern Standard Time which includes participant interaction in the dyadic work, so please ensure you are able to attend as per below ISST requirements.
If you register for this training you agree to adhere to the Online Training guidelines stipulated by The International Society for Schema Therapy which includes the following:
- To be monitored when completing dyadic exercises as in live workshops
- You arrive on time and do not leave early (10 minute grace is acceptable)
- You do not engage in other activities that are not related to the training
- You are willing to make up for lost learning should there be a technological problem
Online training fee is $549 early bird before September 30th, 2021 or $649 thereafter.
Training is offered via Zoom Platform; the training link and pre-reading materials will be emailed one week prior to the event.
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note cancellations can be made up to one month prior to the workshop otherwise the cancellation is 50% of the registration fee. All cancellations incur a $50 administration fee.