Schema Therapy Advanced Techniques: Working with Rigid, Avoidant, Grandiose & Impulsive Clients: ONLINE CERTIFICATION TRAINING
3 Wednesdays 9-1:30, AEST starting April 21, 2021 | This 3 morning workshop is the last of the curriculum for certification training in Individual Schema Therapy offered by the Schema Therapy Institute Australia.
This workshop will focus on extending clinician skills with difficult to treat client groups including treatment of:
- Cluster C, specifically OCPD, Dependent &, Avoidant Personality Disorders
- Cluster B, specifically Narcissistic & Antisocial Personality Disorders
- Overcompensating Clients & specific “Fight Coping Modes” i.e., Overcontroller, Bully Attack & Self-Aggrandizer
- Working with the specific child modes found in these presentations that can result in addictive and impulsive behaviours (using Imagery and mode role plays)
- Advanced imagery techniques and mode dialogue work incorporating Healthy Adult Mode
- Self-Care and Reflective Practice in working with this difficult to treat Clinical Population
Includes recorded interview with expert on Narcissism Wendy Behary on how to bypass strong Detached Protector Coping Modes found in these difficult to treat patients and David Bernstein on applying Schema Therapy in a Forensic Setting.
Training Dates and Details:
Training is offered April over a three week period and there will be in between session tasks to consolidate learning. The dates and times are as follows:
WEEK ONE: Wednesday April 21st 9am to 1.30pm
WEEK TWO: Wednesday April 28th 9am to 1.30pm
WEEK THREE: Wednesday May 5th 9am to 1.30pm
Certification hours include: 8 Didactic & 5 Dyadic hours
Who is eligible to attend:
This training is for therapists who are registered with their professional body, including psychologists, social worker and psychiatrists. Please note that ISST certification has requirements, including minimum study requirements. Please go to the ISST website for further details. You may be asked to provide proof of eligibility upon registration.
For registrations outside of Australia:
The training will occur 9am-1:30pm Australian Eastern Standard Time which includes participant interaction in the dyadic work, so please ensure you are able to attend as per below ISST requirements.
If you register for this training you agree to adhere to the Online Training guidelines stipulated by The International Society for Schema Therapy which includes the following:
- To be monitored when completing dyadic exercises as in live workshops
- You arrive on time and do not leave early (10 minute grace is acceptable)
- You do not engage in other activities that are not related to the training
- You are willing to make up for lost learning should there be a technological problem
Facilitators are Dr Rita Younan and Ruth Holt, both Advanced Schema Therapists and Trainers in Individual Schema Therapy
Training is offered via Zoom Platform; the training link and pre-reading materials will be emailed one week prior to the event.
The total for the two day workshop is $499* until March 31st 2021 (Early Bird), $599 thereafter*
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note cancellations can be made up to one month prior to the workshop otherwise the cancellation is 50% of the registration fee. All cancellations incur a $50 administration fee.