Schema Therapy for Chronic Mood & Anxiety Disorders: Certification Workshop 1
3 Mondays 9:30-2:30 Melbourne time, starting October 9 | Schema Therapy for Chronic Mood & Anxiety Disorders with Dr Rita Younan & Ms Ruth Holt
There is growing research on the effectiveness of Schema Therapy for chronic depression and some early work on other treatment resistant mood disorder presentations. This 3 morning ONLINE workshop will cover Schema Therapy formulation and treatment approaches for working with these presentations, including case studies, demonstrations and opportunities to practice skills.
Specific topics include
- Schema Therapy models for Chronic mood disorders like Depression and Anxiety
- Schema Therapy for other Chronic Axis I Disorders like OCD & Eating Disorders
- Dealing with challenging client in session behaviours, like hopelessness
- Experiential techniques to address early adversity and schema development
- Assisting clients to build networks of support through behavioural pattern breaking
- Schema self-therapy to avoid compassion fatigue
Facilitators are Dr Rita Younan and Ruth Holt, both Advanced Schema Therapists and Trainers in Individual Schema Therapy;
Ruth and Rita discuss the Vulnerability to Harm Schema a common schema found in Chronic Anxiety Disorders here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsY7KRRHWXs
Special Guest SUSAN SIMPSON (leading expert on Schema Therapy for Eating Disorders) discussing ST for Eating Disorders & The Over-controller Coping Mode which is common in Chronic Axis 1 Disorders.
Who is eligible to attend:
This training is for therapists who are registered with their professional body, including psychologists, social workers and psychiatrists. Please note that ISST certification has requirements, including minimum study requirements. Please go to the ISST website for further details. You may be asked to provide proof of eligibility upon registration.
For registrations outside of Australia:
The training will occur 9.30am-2:30pm AEST which includes participant interaction in the dyadic work, so please ensure you are able to attend as per below ISST requirements.
If you register for this training, you agree to adhere to the Online Training guidelines stipulated by The International Society for Schema Therapy which includes the following:
- To be monitored when completing dyadic exercises as in live workshops
- You arrive on time and do not leave early (10-minute grace is acceptable)
- You do not engage in other activities that are not related to the training.
- You are willing to make up for lost learning should there be a technological problem.
Training Dates and Details:
Training is offered October 2023 over a three-week period and where there will be in between session tasks to consolidate learning. The dates and times are as follows:
WEEK ONE: Monday 9th of October at 9.30am to 2.30pm
WEEK TWO: Monday 16th of October at 9.30am to 2.30pm
WEEK THREE: Monday October 23rd at 9.30am to 2.30pm
Certification hours include: Didactic Hours 8, Dyadic Hours 5
Online training fee is $549 early bird before September 30th, 2023, or $599 thereafter; please pay via the website.
Training is offered via Zoom Platform; the training link and pre-reading materials will be emailed one week prior to the event.
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org