First things first: how to simplify schema therapy formulation and use it as a springboard for treatment
LINK TO DROPBOX CONTAINING MATERIALS WILL BE SENT ONCE THE ORDER IS PLACED
Independent of treatment modality, research suggests that formulation improves client outcomes. In schema therapy, formulation guides the treatment and enhances the limited reparenting. However, it can feel confusing to know where to begin with schema therapy formulation. It can be overwhelming to integrate the client’s presenting issues, schema questionnaires, family history assessment, client memories, and mode maps. The resulting formulation can be unclear and may fail to guide the treatment.
Join us in exploring what works and what doesn’t work when integrating assessment and formulation into your schema therapy sessions. You’ll learn practical strategies to guide your treatment that you can start implementing immediately.
You’ll walk away with:
- Creative and experiential techniques to assess schemas and modes
- Practical ways to make the assessment feel therapeutic for the client
- Clear strategies to share your formulation with your client so it enhances the therapeutic relationship
- Simple ways to weave the formulation into each session
- Effective methods to re-visit formulation when feeling stuck with a client
About your presenters:
Ruth Holt is a Clinical Psychologist and Advanced Certified Schema Therapist Supervisor/Trainer.
Tena Davies is a Clinical Psychologist and Advanced Certified Schema Therapist
Mentioned in the webinar is this list of modes: