Workshop I and II: Schema Couples Therapy
28 Feb - 2 Mar |Workshop I and II F2F MELBOURNE
Presenter: Ms Ruth Holt, Clinical Psychologist and Advanced Schema Couples therapist.
Schema Couples Therapy focusses on building connection and repairing relationship ruptures by understanding the mode cycles that fuel distress. We aim to work with partners to heal the unmet needs that drive schema and mode activation.
Workshop I (days 1 and 2) focuses on starting with couples from a Schema Therapy perspective, including
- Assessment and formulation
- Building safety with volatile couples
- Understanding mode cycles
- Beginning connection dialogues, chair work and imagery re-scripting
Workshop II (days 3 and 4) builds on Workshop I and develops skills including
- Assessing complex couples
- Affair treatment processes
- Assessing and working with passion, romance, intimacy, and sexual satisfaction
- Working with Narcissism and Impulsivity
- Advanced Imagery Re-Scripting and Chair work with couples
The workshop will be interactive, with input, demonstrations and opportunity to practice skills. It provides the complete 4 days of training required to become a certified Schema Couples Therapist (additional requirements are outlined here).
Location: Treacy Centre, Parkville
126 The Avenue Parkville Vic 3052
Discounted price for the 4 day training package:
Standard Price: $1298 (until January 30, 2024)
Last Minute Price: $1398
This price includes all materials and catering for the 4 days.
What if I haven’t done any Schema Therapy training before?
You are strongly encouraged to complete the introduction to Schema Therapy workshop: Schema Therapy for Chronic Mood and Anxiety Disorders - either live or 'at your own pace'
This workshop assumes
- knowledge of schemas and modes
- how to bypass a coping mode and
- basic Imagery Re-scripting
If you don't have that knowledge the introduction workshops listed will meet that need.
What if I haven’t had much experience with couples?
The training will provide options for those with less couples experience and those with more, aiming to meet your individual learning needs.
Can I use my Gottman Method, Emotion Focused or other couples therapy skills?
Yes, Schema therapy is an integrative therapy that can build on your existing skills.
Please be aware of our cancellation policy